Friday, February 2, 2007

It's Not Easy Being Green

Today I woke up thinking about Kermit the Frog. Specifically, Kermit the Frog singing "It's not easy being green." Youtube has the original video from Sesame Street, so I watched it. It's such a sweet song about just being who and what you are. Kermit is a green frog. He has learned to love himself as a green frog.

Green has another meaning to me. Often when someone is going through a time of great growth, his or her aura will be green. Green can also be a powerful healing color. Spring green - a color of new beginnings. Green is a color I'm painting a lot more these days. I'm exploring green. This painting is called 'Day of Green Jewels'.

I'm almost ready to move on to blues and purples. Rich ultramarines, deep violets, yummy. Today I'm meditating on green. Tomorrow is another colorful day.

"Day of Green Jewels" 2006 36"x32"

No comments: