Friday, August 10, 2007

Fred Weasley


Read no further if you intend to read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and haven't yet.

Fred Weasley's death saddened me. Everyone wondered, 'what if Harry dies? How will I deal??' Nobody thought Fred would buy it. It's sad to think of George without Fred. Who is he going to play off of? Will George develop another personality to deal with his great loss?

Fred and George were two of my favorite characters, and much more than comic relief. They were courageous and creative, and seemed to be more so because they were two. So I am sad.

That said, this book was my favorite of the series, and brilliantly done! Thank you, JK Rowling, for all that you have shared and given. You are an inspiration. I can't wait to see what you write next.

1 comment:

Matthew said...

Fred's death hit hard, but for me, Dobby's death hit even harder. Why? Because after movie number two, I bought a cat and named it Dobby. ...The two are inextricably linked in my heart now. I was crying for the elf, and the thought of my kitten with an evil witches' dagger in it.

Hey Kris! Matt Bennett here. (Invision 2002-2004ish). Found your site yesterday and love it. Keep on keepin' on!