Thursday, November 22, 2007

Beautiful Storm

Another painting about a storm. The energy in my new abstract landscapes series is intense, wild and stormy. I like it, that feeling of the winds picking up, something getting stirred up and blowing through.

A storm can happen within, invisible to the outside world. Decide to grow and set off storms around you. Merely by deciding to change, the winds pick up. Free will. Why I don't predict the future: it isn't up to me. The power to rearrange the landscape belongs to each of us. Now that's scary!

"Beautiful Storm" 2007 26"x20" at kriscahill.com

3 comments:

Gary said...

Very moving. It may be because it's late and I'm tired, but I see eyes looking out at me from this painting.

Interesting blog.

susan said...

Another very challenging piece Kris. Nice work..

dianeclancy said...

Hi Kris,

This is a powerful piece!

~ Diane Clancy
www.dianeclancy.com/blog