Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Green and Fuzzy

'Green Fuzz Heart' comes from a long line of heart paintings, many of them fuzzy. This one works for me because it looks as if it has a light within, and because I am partial to certain shades of green lately.

If you love color and/or are influenced by it, you will understand when I say that right now I am going through a very green time. Though I live in LA, which is in Brown Season, (a friend told me there are 2 seasons here, Green and Brown), I am In The Green right now. I love greens ranging from gold-green to bright olives to lime to rich deep yellow greens, with a few soft greens on the side. I tend to avoid bright greens, anything reminiscent of St. Patrick's Day is not my green.

I look at color in different ways: as an artist, clairvoyant, and fashion obsessed woman.

To me, the artist, it's all about color speaking, glowing, singing, and creating interesting relationships. I feel the color as I work with it, and though I love paint, I understand it's just a vehicle for my color addiction.

To me, the clairvoyant, energy can be seen as color. It's fun to look at the colors someone is working with. My green looks like self healing and new growth to me.

To me, the fashion obsessed, it's all about, 'what colors do I feel like wearing, and what looks great on me? Plus, do I have shoes to go with it?'

My favorite colors tend to be intense bright colors, but it's hard to pick just one favorite. I love deep hot pinks, yellow oranges, intense fiery reds, rich violets. They all look wonderful balanced with warm browns and very dark purples. Colors have vibrations and sounds. I can hear this color combination as I write it. A color symphony!

"Green Fuzz Heart" 2007 14"x14" at Etsy

2 comments:

susan said...

Hi Kris,

I just noticed you'd been to visit and had enjoyed the story. You're right it, did take a while - off and on about 3 years.

I really like the paintings you have here and your philosophy. My favorite so far is Queen's Court but I'll come back to see more.

Happy Thanksgiving.

dianeclancy said...

Hi Kris,

What do you mean - it looks like the light is coming from within? Clearly, it IS!

you know I love and feel color too.

Fun piece!

~ Diane Clancy
www.dianeclancy.com/blog