Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Green Sky Begins

The first painting I made in 2007, 'Green Sky Begins' is a look into another dream-like place. There is an earthy quality, a grounded feel, and also a cosmic one. A place the spirit can play, and the body feels good there too.

Continuing the spirit of green I am ensconced in now, the greens in this painting are among my favorites.

It is difficult to see in a photo the depth and texture in this piece. I am grateful the color comes through. This is a painting I can sit and look into, and always see something new. Ominous and Optimistic; can the two co-exist? Why not!

"Green Sky Begins" 2007 32"x40" at kriscahill.com

4 comments:

KreativeMix said...

absolutely stunning

Kris Cahill said...

Hi Mimi,
Thanks for visiting and for your comment!

Neda said...

What do you mean the first painting???! Are you new at this???? Can't blieve it!

Kris Cahill said...

No, what I meant was the first painting I made this year, in 2007.

I've been painting for many years.

Thanks Neda, for your comments!