Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Having Fun

What's so important about having fun, anyway? And are you? It always looks like a good idea to me to have, find, make, create, feel...fun! I am one of those people who believes we are here to do much more than our "duty" and/or suffer. Whichever appeals to you more. Whatever. Hello, drama?

And so it becomes a courageous act, in a world that isn't fun for many people, to decide to have fun. Even if you are having a difficult time, having the attitude of fun can heal you and keep you young. Better than Botox, won't freeze your face! Plus it's incredibly difficult to be controlled when your attitude is set at fun. Try it and see what I mean.

If I am having fun while painting, magic happens. First of all, I don't need to make a perfect painting, I am already succeeding by having fun just painting. Then, because of all that fun I'm having, I allow myself to play too. Before you know it, I am loving my work. Because I haven't put all kinds of pressure on myself to create a perfect thing, something better comes along.


"Energy of Fun" 2007 14"x14" at kriscahill.com
Bikini Clairvoyant, Energy of Fun

1 comment:

Sue O'Kieffe said...

Hi Kris,
I come by way of Diane Clancy's blog. I love your art and your attitude. I am a former midwesterner (MN and IA), and opted for the north part of CA and understand exactly what you mean about the flowers and trees here. I hope you come visit.
~Sue O'Kieffe
http://sacred-circle-mandalas.blogspot.com