Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Lavender Sea 2

This is another piece from my current series of abstract land and sea scapes. This is the smallest yet, 8" x 8", which is a challenge for me actually. I decided to make a lot of little pieces to play, move quickly, and free up some ideas. The advantage was that I would be less judgmental as I was experimenting. A phrase I learned in art school and would do well to remember more often!

I am pleasantly surprised with the detail, intensity, and richness of these pieces. For a while now I've thought the smaller scale wouldn't satisfy me, but it creates a whole new form I love. Now I'm getting ready to take some of what I've learned in these small pieces, larger. They are great sketches to work from, and the added advantage is that they are also complete paintings, and I have been selling them!

3 comments:

Neda said...

Kris, thank you for your visit. I, too, love your work! Your paintings are vibrant and full of life. I will be a regular visitor :)

Bobbie said...

Kris, I love these exciting and colorful paintings. Wonderful!

dianeclancy said...

Hi Kris,

This is beautiful! I really like it. It is amazing how different sizes and mediums so much changes work!

~ Diane Clancy
www.dianeclancy.com/blog