Friday, November 23, 2007

The Storm Between

This is the companion piece to "Beautiful Storm". I pictured this as a storm literally between me and my objective. An energy to sit out, wait through, and clear. Requiring patience, and an awareness that Here was Energy. The distant sky is lighter, calmer.

An exploration of light is what this series is about. Light has power. Daylight is completely different energy than moonlight. Different moods are associated with each. Painters, poets, and photographers work with many tools; the use of light is most important. Without light, it would be difficult to see anything. How about this: without darkness, it might be difficult to appreciate...light.

Working energetically, intuitively, emotionally, when creating a piece like this, I am able to express my experience without words. I simply offer it for you to see. You will have words of your own, as unique as your experiences.

"The Storm Between" 2007 26"x20" at kriscahill.com

3 comments:

Neda said...

I can sense the liberating energy and the spontaneous abandon. Cheer pleasure. Love it!

dianeclancy said...

Hi Kris,

Very powerful piece - filled with light! I like!!

Thank you for your newsletter .. I had gotten it before - you did send it - thank you. I would rather have twice than none!!

~ Diane Clancy
www.dianeclancy.com/blog

Kris Cahill said...

Thank you both! I appreciate your thoughtful and insightful commentary, and look forward to much communication.