Sunday, November 18, 2007

Technicolor

Without giving away too much information, I will confess that when I was a kid, we watched TV in black and white. Until I was 9 or 10, everyday. The switch to color was wonderful for me, since I was already deeply in love with color. My generation embraced the change enthusiastically, without so much as a sigh at leaving black and white television behind us. That belonged to our parent's generation.

They
watched in black and white: "The Honeymooners", "I Love Lucy", "The Dick Van Dyke Show". Our shows: "Gilligan's Island", "I Dream of Jeanie", "The Brady Bunch" were all in color. The Partridge Family's bus would really lose something in black and white. "Laugh In's" colorful set would be wasted. This was a generation gap not widely discussed: color. Clairvoyance had taken a step.

Clairvoyance is colorful. To a clairvoyant, energy can be seen as color, and colors can be "read". Colors don't have static meanings, and don't mean the same thing for everyone every time. Colors change, can show truth and beauty, and also lies and stuck energy. "The picture of health", "you are a vision", "a sight for sore eyes"...all clairvoyant phrases. A human ability, clairvoyance has a bad rap as merely a teller of fortunes. There is a much bigger picture. What if your ability to "see" affected what you could create?

"Technicolor" 2007 10"x10"

No comments: