Friday, December 21, 2007

Beautiful Valley

Happy Winter Solstice to you!

Yesterday, Noel and I walked down Michigan Avenue, and up it again. Though cold, it being December in Chicago, it was warmer than it's been, mid 30's. I am used to warmer, and it felt good to be out walking in the cold crisp CLEAN air.

We went to the Art Institute of Chicago to see the Jasper Johns show, 'Gray', which runs through January 6. It is a great show! See it if you are able. Very inspiring, it had me sketching some new ideas afterward over a mocha. New paintings in 2008! I am done painting for 2007.

Lots of people still to see, and communication to have. I am not blogging my usual way while here, as I am running off to the next party/dinner/meeting. More tomorrow, and I hope all your holiday plans are going great!

"Beautiful Valley" 2004 32"x30"

2 comments:

dianeclancy said...

Hi Kris,

Happy Solstice to you too!! Keep having a grand time!!

~ Diane Clancy
www.dianeclancy.com/blog

Debi said...

Hi Kris! I've made it back here and am eager to make my comment "stick." Why? Because I wanted to say how lovely your work is.

I find today's painting is especially soothing and stimulating (how can that be). It's like one of those dreams when you wake up just feeling so good. You say things like, "it was so peaceful," "the colors were so vibrant," "I was alone but so happy"...know what I mean?

Glad you are having fun and sounds like you are looking forward to 2008. Me too. I look forward to seeing more of your work!