Monday, December 17, 2007

The Man Abstract

This is one of my early abstract paintings, from the beginning of 2006. I didn't realize it had a man and an Eiffel Tower until I had nearly finished it. I love the light, color, and movement in it, and I can see my playfulness at the time with this new-to-me form. I called this piece 'The Man Abstract' because it reminded me of my husband, who lived in Paris for 5 years. We have gone there together several times, and I fell in love with that city too.

In continuing this revisiting of my older works, I realize I am collecting up quite a lot of my energy from the past. I have been obsessively organizing everything: all of my records and files, even my closet... because I can see that next year is going to be quite something. And I want to be ready for it. I don't remember ever being so certain I needed to prepare for the next thing.

I feel as if I have come to a turning point in my life, a positive one filled with possibilities and the ability to learn from what I have experienced until now. Add to that the desire for many more new and delightful experiences, and being able to validate myself and my work, and wow! I am having some of what I have wanted for a long time. I have had a lot of help along the way, for which I am grateful.

As I learned early in my psychic education, all healing is self healing. In order to heal, you have to want to. Otherwise all the greatest healers on the planet won't be able to do a thing to help you. It starts with you.

What would you like to heal in yourself?

"The Man Abstract" 2006 30"x28"

3 comments:

ARTzy FaRtZy GiRL said...

Kris,

I love the new header, and the painting for today. Seeing the man and the tower emerge from your creation must have been quite a good feeling indeed.

Good luck with your orgainzational projects.

MUAH!
xoxox

shoshana

dianeclancy said...

Hi Kris,

Glad you are pulling out these older paintings!

Ah ... it feels so good when organically we organize and want to ... I am so pleased for you that you are approaching a new stage!

~ Diane Clancy
www.dianeclancy.com/blog

Debi said...

I love the feeling you are describing -- that energy, that direction, that self-confidence. And what a great illustration of that feeling in this work.

Merry Christmas! And I just know (even though I'm not psychic) good things are in store for you.