Saturday, December 29, 2007

Moon Stories

I have been tagged by Sue O'Kieffe of Sacred Circle Mandalas. Here are the "Rules".

THE RULES:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.

2. Share 5 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.

4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Fun Fabulous and also Weird Facts About Me:

~Beginning when I was 5 years old, I was obsessed with making paper dolls. I discovered that if I held the paper doll I'd made up to the window, it was easier to draw the clothes to fit perfectly. I used to sell the paper dolls I made to the other kids in my neighborhood for a nickel.

~In my next life, I want to be the female lead singer of a wildly successful band.

~I often laugh out loud at "inappropriate" moments because I am amused by the energy. One of the times I do this is at movies, which sometimes embarrasses my husband.

~I love dark chocolate, the darker the better.

~Besides being an artist, I am a professional psychic, a clairvoyant. I have given readings to literally hundreds and hundreds of people over the last 8 years.

I am tagging:
Shoshana Rose
Diane Clancy
James Moeller
Deanna
Caterina

I am continuing with my end of the year wrap up, and my theme for this week is Letting Go and Getting Rid of Stuff.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I moved into a loft from a big home. What I didn't say is that so did my art studio, office, and my husband's office, musical equipment and film equipment. We have regular shoots in this loft, I paint, we both office here, and also live, eat, sleep, bathe...here. It's wild, and I never imagined it could work as well as it does. It helps that we have a fireplace, skylight, and nice neighbors, as well as a hot tub and pool outside.

I love living in a loft, and in fact had wanted to do so for years. Part of uprooting and moving 2000 miles west was so that we could create a Brand New way of living, one more true to each of us. I like living downtown, like the bustle and activity, and love living in Los Angeles.

One of the first things I noticed upon moving here was that nobody knew me and therefore I could be anything I wanted. There were no expectations from others. How freeing! Another thing I liberated myself from: people's expectations. It has gotten easier the longer I've been here, because as I create the new me, I have more space now in which to do so. Sometimes the hardest thing to encounter while trying to change one's life is everyone's demands that you Do Not Change.

My business is change. Most of the readings I give are to people going through changes, or stuck and trying to, or wondering why things aren't changing. I have noticed that the more someone holds onto the past, the harder change will be. As a person who used to try to hold onto things around me, I see now how much easier it is to simply let go. Change will happen, guaranteed, with or without my blessing or yours.

What would you like to let go of? Please comment and let me know!

"So the Moon Told Another Story" 2007 26"x20" at kriscahill.com

6 comments:

ARTzy FaRtZy GiRL said...

How Fun this is, Kris! :-)

What would I like to let go of?....I guess it would have to be the lingering pain and regrets surrounding my split with my former fiance', and his subsequent death from a massive stroke. If I can do that, then perhaps I will not fear another committed relationship?

Great post; wonderful game! I needed something bloggerly to do today! I go now to my compose my post.

MUAH!
xoxox

shoshana

dianeclancy said...

Hi Kris,

Thank you for tagging me ... I might wait until New Year's Day to post mine ... but I will - thank you!

Fun to learn more about you!

I love this flower painting too!

Let go of ... hmmm ... where to start ... letting others' agitation through me off kilter ... that would be a biggie!! Also letting go of tension in my body ... how are they for a start?

Thank you,

~ Diane Clancy
www.dianeclancy.com/blog

Leah said...

kris, your artwork is staggeringly beautiful! so glad you're joining in creative every day 08!

this year i'd like to let go of old beliefs that are no longer serving me.

happy new year to you!

Sue O'Kieffe said...

i've let go of tons of stuff in the past couple of years, including a tumor on my carotid artery. in 2008 i am ready to let go of the old stories about me that aren't true, that i cling to for self protection. im ready to have some fun!
~Sue O'Kieffe

Kris Cahill said...

Happy New Year to all of you!!

Shoshana, you have such a fun playful spirit, that I have no doubt you can move past...the past!

Diane, that's a great thing to let go of, and one of my big things too.

Leah, so nice to meet you. Thank you for the comment. I've added you to my blogroll.

Sue, what an awesome thing to create next! If you're having fun, you know you're on the right track.

sunnyjimmy said...

Hi Kris --

Yes, Nick Cave is amazing. "Grinderman" is superb. What a great writer, singer, I love his darkness, his fire.

So, thanks for "tagging" me. I checked out your post and the rules. It's cool, but you know what, I'm opting out.

I'm so used to writing whatever I want, off the top of my head, this seems too much like an assignment. Lately I've just been a recalcitrant mofo!

By the way, I love your blog, I love your paintings...oh yeah, I love you too!

jimmy :)