Friday, December 14, 2007

Peace on Earth, Goodwill Toward Yourself!

In the spirit of the season, my thoughts have been directed toward Peace and also War. I have spent much of my life horrified by what humans are capable of doing to each other. I grew up watching the first televised war. It was surreal to watch the news before dinner and see the daily death count in the Vietnam War. So far away, and yet there were all those red stars on the front doors in my neighborhood.

I grew up hearing about and being fascinated by World War II, how could such things exist? I had very strong feelings about it, and recoiled when I first learned about the Nazis. It was painful, even more than 30 years later. So much hate and viciousness!

One thing I have become increasingly aware of over the past 10 years is a war closer to home: the war inside each of us. I see people at war within themselves, and it is no wonder to me that war ends up reflected in the outside world.

When someone decides to heal that rift within, through forgiveness, or self love, or making art they love! - everything changes around them and in their world. Peace can exist, and I do believe it is up to each one of us to start.

Goodwill toward yourself might be a great way to begin. The worst that can happen is you might feel really good about yourself. And that good energy has a way of spreading, it's catching. Way more fun than its opposite!

In the spirit of the season, I wish you Peace within.

"Clown Flower" 2000 32"x25"

3 comments:

ARTzy FaRtZy GiRL said...

Dearest Kris~

Your posts always leaving me contemplative & inspired!

Much love,

shoshana

dianeclancy said...

Hi Kris,

I love this painting!

What a great post!! And so true. I have been horrified by war too since a kid (I think we both probably absorb energy from things pretty easily) ... and have been working on healing war inside myself for a long time.

And I talk more about it out in the world too now - how important that is. Thank you!

~ Diane Clancy
www.dianeclancy.com/blog

Neda said...

Amen, sister!

I love visiting your blog, for the art, yes, for the musings, of course, but mostly, for having some of your joyful and generous spirit reflect on me. I feel I have known you forever! Isn't this blogging thing incredible? I am truly blessed to know you :)