Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Evening Heart

I've had a relaxing day today, after a week of intense activity. I'm needing space to just BE. After days of much communication, parties, events, people... the best I could do today was to spend several hours on the couch in the afternoon sun reading "The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood", which is a whole bundle of fun. The building I live in has a recycling area, with several bookcases next to it, filled with books people have read and are passing on to whoever wants them. When I brought my recycling down today, I went "shopping" for books, and found the Ya-Ya Sisterhood there. It was the right book to begin reading today, a fun fast read.

Last night's event went very well. After an intense energy event like that one, I need to take really good care of myself. One thing I've learned is that the major part of my work as a psychic happens when I am alone, just getting my space. That's the most important time, and without that, I am no good doing the rest. It's more than just preparing for this or that event. Taking care of myself is how I heal every day, how I have energy to create, how I feel well, how I attract great things to myself. It takes energy to create one's life, and creating my life is what I'm all about.

I've also learned that the relaxing days are as important as the painting, posting, and promoting days. My goal is to effortlessly and happily take more days to relax. This relaxation has to also happen on the inside, in all of me. Today, lying in the sun coming in the window, reading something light and fun, it was easy to stop trying to solve problems. Most of which I can't solve anyway, since I didn't create them. What a relief to let that pressure go.

Handling the daily demands that come with living one's life is part of the territory. I used to think all I had to do was dive in, headfirst, and I'd solve it, fix it, do it, make it work. I am learning a bit about grace and finesse, even subtlety. There is an art to living, and I believe one's life can be art. I'm creating a colorful abstract!

"Evening Heart" 2007 14'x13" acrylic on vinyl in reverse
available at ETSY

8 comments:

Sweet Irene said...

I agree with everything you write, but still these wisdoms are hard to come by. In this western world we are not allowed such luxuries as energizing ourselves by peaceful relaxation and contemplation.

But we need it so to be healthy and vibrant people who function well and to our fullest capacities.

It is good to be surrounded by silence and to exist in silence for awhile. To hear nothing but your own breathing and your own heart beat.

Life is a spectacle from which we need to remove ourselves sometimes. You can't always be an eager participant or an anxious onlooker. Sometimes you need to turn your back to it.

Having said that, I must say that I like your painting very much and it is how my heart feels now. All warm colored and fuzzy. That could be from the extra Oxazepam I took a while ago.

Gravymaster said...

So true. Well said. Wish I could live by those guidelines but... I am somewhat enlightened but possibly too stupid to recognize it or perhaps too jaded to care. Smart enough to see that it's wonderful when it works for someone else though.

I did a bad thing tonight. I stole some of your images and posted them on my blog. If I actually knew you, I'd feel terribly sorry for doing such a thing. As it is, I only feel a little sorry. That was a lie. I feel moderately sorry. If you don't approve, I'll take the post down (even though you are the only one who ever reads it).

Godinla

John (Copyright JMM 2007-2008) said...

Wise words, your heart paintings are not cliches and that is proof of your style and vision.

Be good.

dianeclancy said...

Hi Kris,

Rest, relaxation and recuping are important! I am glad you are sharing this and reminding me.

Thank you!
~ Diane Clancy
www.dianeclancy.com/blog

The Artful Eye said...

Happy to hear you are taking care of you at this time nothing else should really matter. I loved Ya Ya Sisterhood fun read indeed. Relax and enjoy!

Kris Cahill said...

Hi everyone,
Thanks for your visits and comments. I was without internet for much of yesterday, which forced me to do things other than toodle around online. How funny, here I am writing about taking some time to rest and that is what I had to do!

I'll visit you all today, have a fun day!

Neda said...

Great idea about the book recycling. We've got something similar here at our neighborhood public library (this is where I get most of my freebie mags for collage). Glad to know that you live in a nice convivial environment..

I agree: rest is of the utmost importance...wish I knew how to slow down! :)

Kris Cahill said...

Thanks Neda, how happy am I to see you here!