Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Mystery

This piece, "Mystery", was painted for my first youtube video, which you can watch here. I painted it in about 4 hours, while being filmed by my husband, Noel, with my sister Betty assisting. The video is 2 minutes long, and fun to watch.

In going back over 2007, I want to validate a few highlights, including my youtube channel with 2 videos on it, receiving over 3700 views so far.

2007 was my first full year living in Los Angeles. I went back to Chicago 4 times, including a trip to InVision, the school I taught at for 6 years. InVision moved to an amazing new space with a gallery, which they christened the 'Kris Cahill Art Walk'. I went there in August for the grand opening celebration, and to present my paintings in the first art show there.

I showed my work from coast to coast in 2007, with shows in Los Angeles, Chicago, and Brooklyn.

I became a blogger on January 2, 2007, so today is my one year anniversary! I blogged somewhat erratically until October, and have posted every day since, missing only twice.

My clairvoyant reading business increased quite a bit in 2007. Besides giving numerous private readings, I read at many parties and events. I was also quoted in the Los Angeles Times, in a story about the Writer's Guild strike, called 'Helping Their Fellow Writers'. You can read the article here.

I opened my Etsy shop, and created a new line of smaller works for it, along with plans to soon open a Cafe Press shop. I increased my web presence in 2007.

I became healthier in 2007. I began hiking in the hills here, weekly whenever possible. Daily stretching and strengthening exercises help.

I made more paintings in 2007 than I have yet made in one year, 105. I sold many of them, and donated about 10 to various causes this year.

I also began working on my husband's project, Bikini Movie Review. I am a co-producer and the writer of the Bikini Clairvoyant.

Quite a year. Today I am clearing out my studio, which I haven't been able to do until now. It feels good, creating space to begin new work. I can't wait to update the website, create the new one, paint the new paintings. Time to get to work!

"Mystery" 2007 30"x40" acrylic on vinyl available at kriscahill.com

8 comments:

Nicki Mann said...

That is a cool picture! I love the bright colors! My bedroom is painted orange, red and yellow because that way I always wake up happy.

Neda said...

Happy blog anniversary!!

How cool is to have your "imprint" recognized?! You must have made a great impression!

The painting is gorgeous! I love the dripping strokes. I wish I could paint that freely...any hints?

kim@laketrees said...

wonderful painting Kris !!!
it sounds like you have had a busy and fulfilling 2007 :)
best wishes for the new year !!

Debi said...

Kris I am smiling from ear to ear. I loved that video! Loved it. Loved it. Loved it.

I'm so happy for your successes this year. And 2008 "I predict" (ha ha, sorry, very bad clairvoyant joke) will continue to build on that success.

You are awesome. So glad we bumped into each other.

Tracy said...

Sounds like a pretty big year for you! I was a terrible slug for months after moving to a new location.

And I love the painting!

JafaBrit's Art said...

I remember watching your video :)
I had posted a video of a reverse painting I was working on and found yours and thought it very cool.

You have a nice blog, have a great year :)

dianeclancy said...

Hi Kris,

This is a wonderful painting! I will have to check out your video.

I had no idea how famous you are! This is wonderful at all the publicity and respect that you have received. Also clearly you have been very very busy!!

Great!

~ Diane Clancy
www.dianeclancy.com/blog

Kris Cahill said...

Hello all, thanks for your comments.

Nicki, thanks for stopping by, nice to meet you.

Neda, thanks as always. I used a spray bottle filled with water and wouldn't allow myself to "fix" anything. It had to get messy.

Kim, thank you for visiting, and for your feedback.

Debi, how wonderful! I think you are pretty awesome too.

Tracy, I didn't mention the part about napping for the first 3 months straight.

Jafabrit, thanks for stopping by.

Diane, I feel lucky to have had such a busy and fulfilling year. What;s made it even better is blogging and meeting wonderful people like you!