Sunday, January 27, 2008

Mystical Harvest and Rainy Sunday

"Mystical Harvest" is a recent painting from my abstract landscapes series. I love the energy of the mystic, the mystery. One definition of mysticism has to do with mysteries, and the pursuit of conscious awareness of Spirit.

I understand now that I can use being an artist to answer some questions for myself. Many of my paintings, especially the more recent abstract ones, are to that end, though not always intentionally in the moment. I try to hold onto the picture I have of what I want to create. I paint because I want to see in front of me on a canvas some of what I already "see" on another, inner canvas. I am excited now to begin some new work along the lines of what has been moving and shaking for me recently.

I see movement and stillness in this piece. The energy is moving through the landscape. There is an almost ethereal quality of quiet and calm with it. When I had finished this piece and looked at, only then did I see that quality. Sometimes it awes me, wow! I did that? Then I have to own it and say, Yes, I did. How fortunate am I that I have this opportunity!

Today is rainy. I like it. It brings a calm before the storm that will be a houseful of people at my home in about 4 hours. Noel has gone out with our house guest, kindly leaving me some room to get my space before our Thank You Party we are having for all the people who have helped with Bikini Movie Review, his website. I will use it wisely, finding my own stillness and movement.

"Mystical Harvest" 2007 14"x14" acrylic on vinyl in reverse
available at kriscahill.com

13 comments:

Kim said...

enormous energy in this painting Kris...
almost like looking at an explosion of colour...
enjoy your party :)

Sweet Irene said...

First of all, your painting is wonderful and if it is a reflection of your inner life, than all the better, because it is about peace and harmony and balance. Your choice of colors is brilliant and how you have combined them is very pleasing to the eye and has a very serene effect on the viewer.

It is good that you are able to express your inner life through your art. I can't think of a more satisfying way to do this. To see your spirit's feelings on the "canvas". I imagine that it will be very hard to part with this piece, but I assume that you will let your spirit guide you in making many more of these.

You are very lucky to have this gift and I always find your abstract paintings the most beautiful, because they are so open to interpretation. But I like all your work and am happy every day when there is something new.

seo tactics said...

Very nice painting. Beautiful bright colors, and wonderful energy

John (Copyright JMM 2007-2008) said...

Very lively image as Kim noted - it exudes energy, and it is so positive and strong. No holding back.

Right now you must be in the midst of your party. Please pass the Trade Joe's nuts - the low salt cashews are good.

HMBT said...

I love the energy in this work, the movement, the texture and colors are perfect!

dianeclancy said...

Hi Kris,

This is a wonderful painting! I love the mysterious, mystical quality - I sure agree that is there!

It is so still and active at the same time. Great direction!

~ Diane Clancy
www.dianeclancy.com/blog

Leah said...

i know what you mean about how art can answer your questions (usually it's fairly unintentional for me, but still i love the way it happens!)

this piece is stunning. it really does feel mystical.

Michelle (artscapes) said...

I love the balance of what seems to be fire and water to me! I see a storm in it.

There is no greater feeling - and no greater challenge - than to put what is on the inner canvas on an outer one.

Wonderful work! You inspire me! :)

The Artful Eye said...

Kris, I love your honesty and reflection in your work. Your paintings always seem to take my breathe away. There is alot of energy in this particular piece. I love visiting here. I must also check out Bikini review. Hope your party was successful.

Kris Cahill said...

Thanks for your warm and kind comments, everyone. My party went well, and I fear I am a bit behind visiting each of you. I shall be there soon! :-)

Neda said...

Kris, I am finally back home in more ways than one! I can fully appreciate your paintings and writings without interruption!

I love the way you "see" the inner and outer world: a frame within a frame within your mind. It is tru, art is a sanctuary that answers so many questions, even the ones we did not ask :)...This is a superior painting. Bravo!

Chris O'Byrne said...

Love, love, LOVE the colors/energy!!!

Kris Cahill said...

Dear Neda and Chris,
Thanks so much for your kind comments! I also really love this piece and I appreciate your appreciation. :))