Thursday, January 24, 2008

Purple Heart on Blue and Featured Artist

If days had grades, I'd give today an A+. Lovely and good things came forth today. Stuff I'd put out there and worked toward, came back in a positive way. It's so nice when that happens. Often, as most of us know, you just put it out there because that's what you do. And you keep doing it, for the love of it. There is a great joy in breaking through, in being seen, in reaping some harvest. Time to stomp the grapes, woohoo!! Let me take my shoes off!

First, I am the featured artist this week on a blog called Designer's Depot. Here's the link: Designer's Depot. You will see when you visit that you can also apply to be featured artist. This is what I did, and I am happy with the presentation of me and my work. Noel, the writer of this beautiful blog, sent me a list of questions. I sent my answers, my photo, and some jpgs of my work. Thank you, Noel! You did a beautiful job. (Note: This is NOT my husband Noel. Different guy.)

I've been working on increasing my visibility as a psychic here in SoCal. One place I have been expanding my business is Pacific Palisades, where I have been fortunate to have found a space to work part time out of. So that people can meet me and see what I do, I participate in events once a month at which I give free mini readings. Next Tuesday will be the first event in the Palisades, and it was written about in today's Pacific Palisades Post! I had nobody signed up, and now people have been calling all evening, reserving a spot for themselves. There will also be an article coming out about me and the woman whose Healing Center I work out of there. I'll keep you posted with that link when I have it.

Recently I have been featured on another blog I told you about, the wonderful Online Arts Marketing. I was just awarded the You Make My Day award, which was doubly fun in that I got to pass it on to others who inspire me. I will begin working with Shoshana Rose from The Artist in You Museletter in February. She is creating a featured artist video blog and I am her first artist. I have been fortunate to attract to myself opportunities that are delightful and also fun! Another reason to be grateful:

My husband Noel booked his first high profile commercial job since moving out here. It was one he never thought he'd get. He will be playing Abraham Lincoln in a two spot package for Civilization:Revolution, a video game. After being sent out by his agent on over 100 auditions last year, he booked one. He's had several paying acting gigs already, but this one is better. The happy dance has been danced all day.

The scenario: I am in Whole Foods, buying things Trader Joe's doesn't carry, (we had just left there). He is out in the car, parking lot is crazy at the WF in West Hollywood. All of a sudden, he is standing behind me, acting oddly, (which isn't really unusual of him) (actors!) asking me in a strange voice to take him to the White House because he is the president. Behind him, a man who has overheard is looking at us seriously alarmed. Perhaps wondering if he should rescue me from this madman. I am preoccupied with thoughts of Earl Grey and Roasted Tomatoes and where the hell are they? He keeps carrying on, saying he is the 16th President of the United States. "Wait, who was the 16th president?" I ask. "Abraham Lincoln!" is the answer, and I finally get it. Now we are laughing out loud, slapping high fives, and the guy thinks we are both nuts. So be it.

The heart featured in this blog was one of my favorite paintings at the time I made it. There are very few of my paintings I won't sell. This was one; for years it hung in our home. Then one day I was hanging a show and decided it was time to let it go, so I hung it in the show. It sold soon after. Around that time my work began to sell more, and I knew something had cleared up for me. I see now it was in the letting go. The present time looks like that to me too. I have much gratitude for this time in my life.


"Purple Heart on Blue" 2000 32"x30" SOLD

10 comments:

Gravymaster said...

Hi Kris, me again. It just gets better day by day. If I said that you are beautiful, would you visit my site again?

Gravymaster said...

You are beautiful. The art is beautiful too. The otherworldliness is beautiful too. But most of all, you are beauteous, gorgeous, soft, joyous, engaging, and lovely. Visit me so that I can have one friend. You are...wow.


Godinla

Chris O'Byrne said...

Holy cow, Kris, this is all so awesome! Muchas felicitaciones! I love how you can feel people's energy when they write and this post is just snapping and crackling! I love your interview at Designer's Depot and it has given me so new ideas for my own features. And the video thing will be totally cool! I've been thinking about doing something similar, but I'm glad Shoshana is doing it. I got the domain name CreativeTribe.org a few months ago and I feel like I am supposed to use it for something special. I have a lot of ideas, but I'm waiting for the right one to hit me.

Congrats to Noel, also. And here I thought his future was with Playboy! :)

I am so happy for the both of you!!

The Artful Eye said...

This purple heart resonates the wonderful opportunities that you and Noel are experiencing. It looks like the Universe is in a giving mode. Congrats to the both of you on your accomplishments. I love your WF story. Isn't life fun?

HMBT said...

I just really love the way you write, that's what keeps drawing me back. That's it I'm adding you to my blog roll, right now. You have a wonderful space here, I'm real glad I found it. Crongrat's and blessings all round. A-Ho!

Sweet Irene said...

You have a lot to be happy about today. I really enjoyed reading this post. It was so cheerful and full of joy. Sometimes good things just happen and then just happen again. Possibly all your positive energy is working like a magnet and pulling all other positively loaded events towards you.

I am now trying to picture your Noel as Abraham Lincoln, but since I don't know what he looks like, it is hard. I imagine that he is a handsome man and that in reality he doesn't look much like old Abe at all. He is probably way better looking.

Pacific Palisades sounds like a terrific place to do business in. I think you will find lots of people there who will be interested in what you have to offer, both psychically and artistically. It is that kind of community where people keep each other up to date on what's going on.

Good luck to both of you with all your endeavors. I can't wait to see what is going to happen next.

Kris Cahill said...

Thank you all for your truly giving comments!

Gravymaster, thanks for the visit. Now that you're blogging again, you'll get visits too.

Chris, thanks so much! I think you would also create an amazing place with the name Creative Tribe. I want to be in a Creative Tribe! It is exciting what can be done with this level of technology. I can't wait to see what you come up with. I know it will be great.

Artful Eye, Life is fun, I agree! And all we have to do is be present to experience it. Love that.

Heather, thank you. I didn't realize how much I loved to write until I began to blog. Now it's something I look forward to each day. Thanks for the link, I'll link you as well.

Irene, as ever, your words are kind and generous. I agree with you about positive energy acting like a magnet. I like that right now I am in "attract" rather than "repel" mode! Noel is a handsome guy, and a good one too. Thanks for your good wishes for us both.

John (Copyright JMM 2007-2008) said...

There is a mon.key out of its cage somewhere...can you find it? Just escaped....

Great news - I peeked at Noel's blog one day when he left you a comment.

Marie, my wife, was a Trader Joe's yesterday....east meets west.

dianeclancy said...

HI Kris,

This is a beautiful painting!!

I am so pleased that you are the featured artist!! I will check this out after I vist some of our regulars ...

Glad everything is taking off for you!!

~ Diane Clancy
www.dianeclancy.com/blog

Shoshana Rose said...

Kris, you've done it again!--I am sitting here on my front porch, cracking up with tears in my eyes, at four-thirty-something on a Sunday morning, reading your blog! Just can't wait to meet you tonight at the BMR party! And good ole Abe too, imagine! :)
Seriously, there is something so magical about you two and I am certain that it is "devine appointment" (as my late preacher-Mom would have called it) that we met and will collaborate! Praise be to the gods! ;)
And regarding the video project, if it flies with the producer, you will be featured on more than just my blogs, you'll be on Global TV! We shall see....

MUAH!
xoxox

shoshana

P.S. Chris~I am going to contact you re: CreativeTribe. Perhaps we can collaborate somehow? :)