Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Sunny Land and You Make My Day



I have been honored with my very first award from another blogger. Sue O'Kieffe, from Sacred Circle Mandalas has kindly bestowed upon me the 'You Make My Day' award.

I met Sue very early on in my blogging career. She commented on my blog, said hello to me in a friendly way, telling me she liked my attitude. I went to her blog and was impressed and awestruck by the beauty of her work, her commitment to doing it, and her giving spirit in how she teaches others. Thank you, Sue! You Make My Day!

I would like to pass this award on to a few folks who make my day. I think it's important to let people know one is grateful for them. Since I became a blogger, I have met so many helpful, interesting, and fabulous artists.
So here are the rules: “Give the award to up to 10 people whose blogs bring you happiness and inspiration and make you feel so happy about blogland! Beware! You may get the award several times!”

I recently met Shoshana Rose through the blogosphere when she visited my blog in a lovely flurry of kindness, validation, and enthusiasm. I am struck by her complete joy of life, her decision to live and create a beautiful life after going through some very difficult times, and her mission to tell the world about it. Shoshana has healed herself through dance, and tells others they can too. Shoshana writes some of the most wonderful things to me about how inspiring I have been to her. Right back at you Shoshana, You Make My Day!

I know she was just awarded this, and I don't want to put any more pressure on her, so Diane Clancy, you can just consider it a double award. Diane found me early here also, and has graced my blog with her thoughtful insights and kind comments ever since. She may not know this, but when I was in Chicago last month for the holidays, she was one of the few people who continued to visit and comment every day, though I was so busy with family and friends I barely posted while there. That meant a lot to me, as well as the generous sharing of information to be found on Diane's blog. She is fabulous at marketing, and shares what she learns. Diane, You Make My Day!

Ever since I found her blog, or she found mine, I feel as if she and I are kindred spirits. We share a similar love of red, lipstick, beauty, and fashion. Whenever I visit her blog, I am in awe of her latest creation, which she makes in an apparently effortless way. She has been through much in her life, and has compassion and grace. Neda Doany, You Make My Day!

Though I don't always comment when I visit, I read her beautiful words and appreciate them. She wrote one of my favorite books I read last year, "Undercover", a story about a teenage girl coming of age and discovering it is possible to achieve her dreams. When you visit her blog, you are greeted with her kindness, compassion, intelligence and grace, as well as her gorgeous photos. She talks about the writer's life, what it's like to be a writer, how she gets inside a character to flesh her or him out. I picture her taking a flat line drawing of the character and blowing it up like a beach ball, then writing what she sees! Beth Kephart, You Make My Day!

I learn something new every time I visit her blog. The first time I went was just at the new year, when she had published her amazing list "Top 101 Artists Blogs". Wow, what a labor of love! And she was still accepting submissions and adding them to a new list. Since finding Kim, I have met a lot of other artists who blog, learned about a fantastic free way to get stats on visitors to my sites, and been introduced to "Wordless Chicken Tuesday", among numerous other bits of fun and helpful information. (You'll have to visit her to get the scoop on WCT.) Kim at laketrees, You Make My Day!

He is a thoughtful, intelligent, and friendly guy. Chris O'Byrne from Online Arts Marketing
writes about exactly that, marketing online for artists. Make sure you check his blog out. It is written in an informative, clear and sharp way. He is concise in his words, and the information he presents is grounded and no nonsense. Unlike some other blogs that exist solely for this purpose, his is also interesting to look at. And he features a different artist every Friday. Chris, You Make My Day!

I love her work, her playfulness, and her ability to get loads of artists to commit to being Creative Everyday. Though this is her second time being awarded in the past two days, I can't help it. Every time I visit her blog, I am struck by her joy and positive attitude about life. Her ability to find the creative in simply living is catching for others. She is presenting a way to live life to its fullest, so I present to Leah Piken Kolidas this award: You Make My Day!

I just found her blog recently, actually both her blogs, and I am blown away. Though we don't know each other yet, I have been to visit a number of times, and intend to continue doing so. From the photos and statements on her banners, to her incredible artwork, to her humor, I feel a kinship for the writer of both The Artful Eye and The Way I See It. You Make My Day!

I find his visits and comments most unusual and fun, and I like that! His words are poetic and colorful, his monkey typing style is like choreography. I am happy he found my blog and began to visit, he always leaves me with something deep to ponder, or an excellent and funny phrase to laugh out loud at. His art is textured and also deep; I enjoy seeing what world he has created next. One of the many treasures I have found as a blogger, John Mora, You Make My Day!

I may be going over my allotted number here, but rules can be stretched and I don't want to leave this beautiful woman out of the mix. Not only are her mandalas gorgeous, her writing is a delight to read. Even while going through some health issues that would challenge any of us greatly, she manages to post to her blog every day. Her posts are friendly and open about her life. It's like visiting a friend for tea. Sweet Irene, You Make My Day!

Thank you as well, kind reader. I appreciate you taking the time to simply visit and read my blog. You, too, make my day.

"Sunny Day" 2006 32"x30" SOLD

14 comments:

Sweet Irene said...

Dear Kris, what a nice surprise. I certainly wasn't expecting that! I am glad that you think so highly of me and I will always try to live up to it. I thank you from the bottom of my heart and will display the award with pride. Gracias!

Shoshana Rose said...

Kris,
When I gaze into your paintings, I like to slightly squint my eyes and let my imagination see into the soul of your work. In this one: "Sunny Land", I see a rolling prairie, like in the Lord of the Rings, and down at the bottom, in the center, that little brown patch, that's one of the Hobbit's tiny homes, dug into the side of a knoll! :-) My future home! heehee But of course in my future reality on the land, there will be other tiny dugout homes all around, with my friends living in them! A sustainable artist colony! Dreamer, aye?

Thank you for the 'you make my day' award! I am honored and certainly having loads of fun in the blogsphere lately! The awards and badges that circulate around are such a wonderful way to make like-minded, blogger friends!

Three cheers for land, love, art-blogging and making friends!

MUAH!
xoxox
shoshana

Kim said...

this painting is a glorious explosion of colour and movement...

big congratulations to you Kris on your award and thanks so much for passing it on to me :)
you really deserve an award for writing these wonderful insights on your blogging friends :)
I love red lipstick .
.. and pink as well ....:)

have a terrific day :)

Chris O'Byrne said...

Woo hoo!

Thoughtful AND intelligent? AND friendly? I feel like I've won the Triple Crown... thank you so much!

The Artful Eye said...

Sunny Land filled my heart with gladness. It's what I needed before heading off to work on this gloomy SoCal day. Thank you so much for your kind words and "You Make My Day Award". So many wonderful thoughts about our fellow bloggers. Thank-you for taking the time. Have a fantastic day!

John (Copyright JMM 2007-2008) said...

Kris, thank you. You are too kind.

The.check.is.in.the.mail.

The image for today is just perfect.

I know some of the blogs you cited and will check out the others soon.

This is as good as talking my way out of a moving violation.

Beth Kephart said...

Kris,

What a shot of sunshine you are—your work dreamed through and your words in full bloom.

Thank you. You really did make my day — including me in this incredible cast of good souls.

I know how much time you must have spent creating this entry, thinking it through.

Thank you!

Beth

fortinjack77 said...

It remind's me of a beautiful valley baithed in a sunset.
It so beautiful, I cried,
Thank you!

fortinjack77

Sue O'Kieffe said...

im glad to have passed on some fun.i like your choices. others are new to me. it will be fun to visit. you made my day!
~sue okieffe

Kris Cahill said...

Thank you,everyone. You all make my day!

Neda said...

YOU, my friend, illuminate my day! I am very touched and humbled by your very kind thoughts and honored to be in such great company. It is true: we "clicked," didn't we? I am so grateful to have met you for you have been an inspiration to me in many ways. I love seeing the world through your art and words. Thank you so much!

I am sorry that I am writing this as a belated comment but I am still in Beirut and the internet is capricious here :). Kisses!

Noel said...

Congratulations on yet another award. Where are you going to put them all? You make my day - everyday! N

dianeclancy said...

Dear Kris,

WOW!! Thank you so much for this award!!

You have also shared a couple of other blogs I dont' know about. I am going to del.icos.us (sp) this and check them out once I get caught up a little.

Hugs!!

~ Diane Clancy
www.dianeclancy.com/blog

Leah said...

kris, i'm late in saying this, but thank you so much for the award. i really and truly appreciate it!! xox