Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Deep Night, Change & Excellent Blogger Award

What an interesting day this promises to be! The eyes of the world will be on the U.S., as Super Tuesday is under way. I expect much fun today. Change is in the air. And, out here in the merry old land of LA (sung to the tune of "Merry Old Land of Oz), a record voter turnout is expected. Today is sunny, yes, and warmer. Should be an awesome day.

When I planned my Psychic Reading Night in Sherman Oaks for tonight, I quite forgot that it was also Super Tuesday. My predictions for today: change, games, tomfoolery, schtick, amusement, merriment, and theatre. I look forward to being among lots of people and reading the energy. This plus the impending end of the Writer's Guild Strike, (perhaps by the weekend?), will reset the energy here in the middle of the Winter of 2008. Sometimes it feels like it's a Deep Night indeed. Change is coming, that is certain. I say hooray!

What is it about change that makes it so damn scary? And exciting, exhilarating, anticipated, feared, resisted, welcomed, ignored, hated, loved? Here's a quote I found for today:

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent; it is the one that is most adaptable to change.
~ Charles Robert Darwin


People want their politicians to remain solid on the issues. They want their friends and family to be consistent. They want their favorite bands to continue playing the same kind of music. They want things to stay the same. Change is inconvenient. Even if I don't like what's happening now, I don't have a clue as to what's coming so this is better. Change is a pain in the ass. If everything else changes, I might also have to. Waaahhhh!!

I wince when I hear people my age bemoan "kids these days" blah blah blah. I love seeing what kids these days are up to. They are changing, most of them aren't set in their ways yet. They have to figure out what it means to create their own lives. The division between generations exists mainly because each generation has its own reasons for being here. I think that's as it should be. Each brings in changes. Teenagers don't really care all that much about the music I listened to back in 1980. They have their own music. And hair, clothes, ideas, challenges, wishes, goals. The politician who sees this power clearly for what it is and can inspire younger people, some of who aren't even eligible to vote yet, will win big.

Meanwhile, the changes keep a coming. I like to take stock frequently, and look as clearly as I can in the moment, to decide what changes I want to make. Here's a few that are coming: a new website, maybe two. Letting go of the need to make sense so that I can create magic in my life. I am working on big changes in my art making, especially in my attitude toward it and preconceived ideas about what is possible there. I no longer want to keep playing my "greatest hits"! Some of them are becoming "oldies".



Irene over at Sweet Wood Talking, has passed this wonderful award on to me. This is a lovely award given to bloggers whose blog is deemed Excellent in quality. Thank you, Irene! When I began blogging more consistently last October, I didn't know yet of the many wonderful things I would find from becoming a blogger. I just knew I suddenly really wanted to do it. Besides writi
ng daily now, practicing talking about my ideas and art to others, the best part has been other bloggers. The communication, exchange of ideas, and just plain fun with artists and writers from all over the world has been so enjoyable. I look forward to much more. Thank you all for playing in this fun game with me!

The rules of this award state that I must pass it on to 10 others. I don't want to cause more work for anyone, so no pressure to do anything other than accept this Excellent Award from me!

I am giving this Excellent Award to the following: Jimmydumps/sunnyjimmy; Celestine Musings; The Artful Eye; Bad Kitty Art Studio; The Artist in You; Designer's Depot; Beth Kephart Books; Laketrees; Online Arts Marketing. There are so many more who are excellent!! I am not posting on anyone's site, so please know that when you visit and read this, you can pick up your award. Thank you.


"Deep Night" 2007 14"x14" acrylic on vinyl in reverse
available at kriscahill.com

16 comments:

Chris O'Byrne said...

Thank you!!!

Kris Cahill said...

Chris, you are so welcome. I am very excited about your new creation. The energy looks great!

Sweet Irene said...

Hi Kris, there is another award for you over at my place.

dianeclancy said...

Hi Kris,

Yes, change can be challenging for many of us .. and it will be interesting to see what happens politically!

I agree each generation has focuses and work to do ...

Congrats on your award - you sure deserve it .. and congrats to all that you gave it to!!

~ Diane Clancy
www.DianeClancy.com/blog
www.YourArtMarketing.com

HMBT said...

Hey! Congrat's on your award and thanks for throwing one my way! I appreciate it. *Big Grins*

Kris Cahill said...

Irene, you are too kind! I'll be over later to pick it up.

Diane, I agree, political change right now is very interesting. wouldn't want to predict that one!

Heather, thanks and you are welcome!

The Artful Eye said...

Kris- last night was definitely a little stir crazy, I could definitely sense some crazy energy all around. Deep Night indeed, beautiful piece. I live for change, love change, change is great, change keeps us challenged. Excellent post. Thank you so kindly for the award.

Noel said...

Congratulations on your Excellence Award! It's much better than a bunch of freaking balloons!
Muah!

John (Copyright JMM 2007-2008) said...

Congrats. I came by and needed positive thoughts....ok I am charged up a bit....thanks.

I am artless many days now....need to put out ahat ansd see if someone donates a cartoon.

Spare change art?

Kris Cahill said...

Andrea, wasn't it? Wild night indeed! And you are welcome. It is well deserved.

Noel, even zombies like balloons. :D

John, I can just see it now; "Pssstt! Hey buddy! Wanna buy a used cartoon?"

Noelevz said...

Thank you so much Kris! I was just going to thank you for commenting on my post. And to my surprise there's an award waiting for me here.

Kris Cahill said...

Noel, it is well deserved! Your blog is wonderful.

Kim said...

thanks Kris
and touche`
I have given you an award too !!!

Kris Cahill said...

Kim, you are welcome! And I'll be over soon!

Neda said...

One of my favorite quotes is Gandhi's: "you must be the change you wish to see in the world," and you my friend, have so much energy and wisdom to embody that. I can feel it! Congratulations on this most Excellent award..Can't wait for the new blogs too :)

Kris Cahill said...

Neda, that quote has come up for me everyday this week! I've run across it in several places, and found myself driving along yesterday just saying it to myself. It is so powerful, and places responsibility for change directly where it belongs: with each of us. I imagine a world where people are each working on finding what is true for themselves, on growing, on letting others be where they're at without judgment. What a great place that would be to live!