Sunday, February 10, 2008

Energy of the Sea, Spirit, Art and a Hello

Today started off quite nicely, with a comment from Shoshana on Friday's post, telling me she had written about our meeting Friday. I thought, "how nice", and when I went to her blog, I was floored! She wrote a beautiful piece about coming to my loft and meeting with me regarding the project she is doing. I will be her first featured artist for the upcoming Artist Video Portraits she will be submitting to a producer who is interested in her and her work. I am truly honored to have been written about in such a loving and thoughtful way. Here is the link to today's The Artist in You Museletter. Today's post is titled "Love Song Colors and Trees". Thank you, Shoshana! You have truly brightened my day today with your wonderful words and way of making me look at myself and my effect on others. I feel fortunate to have this opportunity to work with you too.

I am inspired by the topic of Art and Spirit. I think about these two together quite often. Spirit is my guiding force as an artist. At least it is when I allow it to be, rather than allowing something else like worry or invalidation to jump in there. I love looking at energy, at spirit, and to make art that expresses this. In my abstract paintings, I am painting the energy of what I see. This is where the Energy Series came from. As I have changed and grown, so has my work. I expect that to continue, since I intend to continue to change and grow. I see my work as one way I say hello.

When I was training to become a clairvoyant, I learned the value of a hello. There is a wonderful communication that can happen when someone receives that hello. Have you ever walked into a shop or restaurant where you were ignored? Where nobody acknowledged your existence? How did you feel? You may have walked right out of that place, never to return. I know that I do. And then there's the places that welcome you, the people who say hello and you feel like you are being seen, and valued. I've given readings to many people who have not received a hello for most of their lives! My reading has been the first hello somebody may have gotten in a long time. A kind and compassionate hello can change someone's life. They of course will do the changing, a hello can trigger the change.

The quality of the hello is important. I remember being told that the energy of my hello is, "hello, wanna play?". I was complimented by this!

So hello to all of you who take the time to visit and read. Thank you! And thanks to those of you who leave your comments. They are all appreciated.

"Energy of the Sea" 2007 14"x14" acrylic on vinyl in reverse
available at kriscahill.com

12 comments:

Shoshana Rose said...

Kris! You hit the proverbial nail-on-the-head yet again!--that's it! that was the very first aspect of your open character that touched me!--seeing you waving out of your third floor loft window: "Hi Shoshana! Can you see me? I am up here! :) (smiles and giggles) My husband is leaving, so you can put your car in our spot!"

That memory is sketched inside my brain as our 'meaningful hello'. "Oh thank goodness", I consoled my tired, road-weary self "she's just as sweet and fancy in person, as on her blogs and in her paintings! Yay!"

KRIS CAHILL AND THE ART OF THE HELLO...

We should absolutely shoot the intro to your 'artist video portrait' with you hanging out your window, waving "hello" to the world.

Have a gr8 week and c u soon!

MUAH!
xoxox

shoshi

fortinjack77 said...

Hi Kris Cahill!

Congratulation, Shoshana has made
a good choice for her first video.

Both of your energies, like the
sea, create a strong currrent of energy between both of you.

You have an awesome talent and your lateset painting truly
inspirationnal.

Take care and,
"May the stars guide and protect you in your journey.;)"

PS, Take a look in your You tube channel.

fortinjack77

Sweet Irene said...

It must be perfectly wonderful to get such a "hello." I am trying to remember if I have ever gotten one and I think I have and it was from my late sister in law, Jos, who sadly passed away four years ago.

I think Shoshana got such a "hello" from you.

The painting is lovely and I think the blues are wonderful. Not as in sad, but as in color.

The Artful Eye said...

Hallelujah! Hello... not only am I the queen of lists but I'm also the queen of "hello's"
I have made it a point in my life to meet people who cross my path. Since my first day at work I have said I will say hello and get to know the name of everyone I see and greet them daily. I do this everyday and people are so grateful for it. Why shouldn't we recognize others? If I can light someone up by a simple smile and hello then make my day. Beautiful energy of the sea. Kris, do you finish your vinyl paintings? are they framed? mounted?

Chris O'Byrne said...

This is going to be a fun collaboration with you and Shoshana, I can't wait to see the video!

Have I mentioned how much I love the energy of your work... it's awesome!

Michelle (artscapes) said...

What a wonderful post!
So I am stopping in to say "hello" and to wish you happy creating! :)

Kris Cahill said...

Shoshana, I like this idea for an intro, a Hello. Lovely thought, thank you for your great comment!

Thank you, Jerome, for your kind comment!

Irene, I'm sorry you lost your sister in law, but how wonderful that you remember her hello to you. Thanks for your visit!

Andrea, I'm right with you on that one. We each have the ability to spread so much joy simply by saying hello!

Chris, thank you so very much!

Michelle, thanks, and a big hello to you!

Thank you for stopping by everyone, and for your patience with me as I have become a bit behind on my visits to each of you. I'll see you soon and leave a hello!

dianeclancy said...

Hi Kris,

Congrats to you!! Wonderful post about hello's - I so agree. I am going over to visit Shoshana!!

~ Diane Clancy
www.DianeClancy.com/blog
www.YourArtMarketing.com

John (Copyright JMM 2007-2008) said...

Great hues - black and blue and touches of vivid yellow. I like this one a lot and feel like I can think for a long time while exploring it.

Four fifths of a hello is hell. Damn, I need a shot of positive thinking.

Kris Cahill said...

Hi Diane,
Thank you so much! Isn't it exciting that so many of us met this way and are creating some wonderful new things together? You and Chris, Shoshana, and I, John and Sue, and too many others to count. I predict...more!

John, thanks, I'm glad you like this piece. Hell, I find it somewhat soothing myself.

Neda said...

Shosha's post about you is EVERYTHING I imagined you to be. She is right, you have that special aura and vivacity about you that comes across even through my laptop screen. I am really very happy for all these great things happening in your life, my dear friend. Bravo!!

Kris Cahill said...

Neda dear, thank you so much for your kind, sweet words. I look forward to meeting you also someday.