Friday, February 1, 2008

Something in the Wind, Validation, Vote For Me!

January began easily enough, picked up steam about halfway through, and ended on a wild and busy note. I couldn't even get online to post yesterday, the energy was so much. Which in hindsight is very good, but was a little frustrating at the time. However, I did manage to finally shoot photos of some new work, as well as pieces I've never had good photos of. This is a brand new tree painting, completed last week: "Something in the Wind". You can see it on my website here. Yes, it is for sale, through my website, or contact me.

And so February is here now. I know many of you who read my blog are also participating in the 2008 Creative Everyday Challenge. Leah's post today listed her January creative acts. Check it out, very inspirational. And it made me want to list mine, for myself if nobody else. This is where the Validation part of today's post comes in.

I have had the bad habit in my past of treating myself like a workhorse. My body and spirit won't put up with that kind of BS anymore, thankfully. As one of my favorite teachers in my life put it so well: "tell people you respond better to the carrot than the stick". I finally realized I also needed to use the carrot on myself. My carrot = new shoes, a nap, a fun day, time to just play. My point here is: with all these enormous goals piled up, I also need to take the time to validate what has already come to pass. What I have created. Take stock, before forging blindly ahead. Bwahahahaha!!

January saw more connections coming my way in my clairvoyant business. I began making plans for the first classes I will be teaching in Los Angeles. These will begin sometime in March. More details as I have them. I began expanding my visibility in Pacific Palisades, even getting some press there. There will be an article coming out in the Palisades Post soon, on top of the Events announcement that helped my first reading event there be completely booked up!

I also began expanding my online presence. I joined more blogger communities, and saw the readership of my blog rise. I've met countless amazing and talented people through blogging, and have begun making plans with at least one of them to create something amazing. Shoshana Rose has BIG plans involving a fancy new video camera and artists who inspire her. I can't wait!

I was the featured artist last week on Designer's Depot, which I posted about here. There is a contest for the best artist featured in January. (There were four.) You can vote for me by clicking on this link: Battle of the Artists. This is the first Battle of the Artists at Designers Depot. Please check it out! Thank you!! In January I was also a featured artist at Online Arts Marketing.

I found new inspiration in January for my painting process and my work. I can't wait to begin the new series I am planning, and then to share it here. Coming soon.

What works for me: kindness to myself. Present time. Amusement. Being in a happy relationship. Seeing clearly. Grounding. Good dark chocolate. Music. Color.

What works for you?

A bit of business: All of my Heart Paintings are marked 25% off through February 28, both on my website and Etsy shop.

"Something in the Wind" 2008 32"x30" acrylic on vinyl in reverse
available at kriscahill.com

17 comments:

Chris O'Byrne said...

It was a great month!

Kim said...

great goals and thoughts here Kris
simplicity seems to work for me atm...:) and dark chocolate ;)

HMBT said...

Congrat's on all the great things that are happening for you! *Cheers*
What works for me? Working, and taking time to play with my family and fur people. LOVE that new tree painting. OMG, *faints* it's really wonderful!

Neda said...

Shoes? Another thing in common. Tee hee!

I checked the "battle" ground, and I have some nonPC questions about it :). I will re-visit it after my morning coffee ...

Sweet Irene said...

I have an award for you over at my place.

Kris Cahill said...

Thank you, Chris. You helped make it so. :)

I'm with you on the dark chocolate, and working on simplicity, Kim.

Thank you, Heather. I'm in love with this tree right now!

Neda, so so nice to see you back again! Shoes, YES!!

Irene, I'm coming over to visit now.

The Artful Eye said...

This tree is phenomenal. I just crossed paths with your Queen's Court and wow. I just keep toggling through all your paintings,as the colors just feel so good. What works for me: slowing down, the present,laughter,compassion,my wonderful husband,time to create,rosemary/asiago bread with balsamic vinegar and olive oil,vintage Laura Nyro. New inspiration in the works?! Can't wait. Will check out the Battle. Cheers!

Kris Cahill said...

Thank you Andrea. There are new flowers coming. It is taking a little while for them to get here, but they are right behind my eyes everyday. I think painting them during Superbowl tomorrow will be perfect!

John (Copyright JMM 2007-2008) said...

My lawyer advises me to plead the fifth. We, the Corleones, just import olive oil.

I would be taking the milk chocolates so we are reasonably compatible. I also like those with nuts. I miss See's candies so much. Sourdough bread too. And the fresh oysters at Point Reyes.

Flowers, birds, friends, red wine, loose change on the sidewalk. My kids thriving. Solitude sometimes.

Kris Cahill said...

Thanks for your list John! I like finding what works for my blogger friends. I'll create a "Chocolate Award" or some such...the award that melts in your mouth?

dianeclancy said...

Hi Kris,

How wonderful all you are doing .. and what a great reminder of carrots over sticks!! I do not like sticks at all ... makes me very stubborn. And chocolate works.

~ Diane Clancy
www.dianeclancy.com/blog

Kris Cahill said...

I'm totally with you on that, Diane! Ditto on the chocolate.

Michelle (artscapes) said...

Somebody say chocolate?? :)

Congratulations on a great month and some beautiful paintings...

Kris Cahill said...

Thank you, Michelle!

Leah said...

what a great post! you're doing so many great things!

and thank you for the reminder about the carrots. :-)

Lisa Sarsfield said...

I love your warm pallete. The colours are welcoming and strong.
Congrats on your success of expanding your profile..the skies the limit as they say!
Lisa :)

Kris Cahill said...

Leah and Lisa, thanks to you both. I feel so fortunate to have met so many amazing, warm, and talented people through this fun medium of blogging!