Wednesday, February 13, 2008

You're My Best Green Mwah Meme

It was a busy day out here in Blogland. I received 2 awards and a meme. Plus Obama won big yesterday, hooray! The thing I love is HOW MANY people went out and voted. That was cool.

This painting is one of my very favorite abstracts I have painted. It's called "You're Green Baby, Oh So Green". The title is a direct quote from 'Free Henry Goodbar, Telepath', which was written by my good friend James. I went to see the play several times, (Noel was in it), and loved that line so much I named a painting after it. I am feeling quite abstract these days, and will be flinging the paint at the vinyl in an abstract manner tomorrow. Wildly.

Then I won this award today. I was one of four featured artists in January at Designer's Depot. There was a Battle of the Artists at the end of the month, and I got the most votes! Thank you to everyone who voted for me. Designer's Depot is a wonderful site, with interesting artists featured and great design information. Check it out here.




THEN I got this from Diane Clancy, the Mwah award, which is a big red kiss. The award is described thusly:

"It's a big kiss of the chaste platonic kind, from me to you with the underlying 'thanks' message implied. I really do appreciate your support and your friendship, and yes, your comments."

Thank you Diane! And here's a great big Mwah! right back at you.



I am passing this award on to: Shoshana Rose, John, (hahahaha!), Sweet Irene, Heather, and Andrea. Mwah!!

Okelly dokelly, now onto the moment you've all been waiting for, neighbors. My Book Meme!! John at Typos.Daylight.Fate tagged me for this meme that I was watching going around, knowing I would catch it eventually. He has earned himself a permanent place on my list of people.who.must.be.tagged. :))

Here's the deal: Pick up the nearest book. Find page 123. Find the first 5 sentences, and post the next 3. Tag somebody or several somebodies.

My book: 'Riches Within Your Reach' by Robert Collier, 1947

"Like attracts like. Praise and appreciation bring back greater praise and appreciation to you. If you want health, happiness, in your life, if you are seeking riches and success, attune your thoughts to these."

I tag: Noel at It's Okay, and Brian at Who Got the Gravy?. More if I feel like it later!

"You're Green Baby, Oh So Green" 2006 32"x30"
at kriscahill.com


9 comments:

John (Copyright JMM 2007-2008) said...

I read about "chaste platonic" in the Kama Sutra.

The how to pics there changed my life and ruined my back.

Thank you.

Never ever meme moi.

dianeclancy said...

Hi Kris,

This is a lovely painting and fun to hear about it!!

Congrats on the award for Best Artist!! You ARE!! You rock!!

Happy Valentine's Day to you!!

Nice meme!

~ Diane Clancy
www.DianeClancy.com/blog
www.YourArtMarketing.com

Crystal Jigsaw said...

I found you via Sweet Irene's blog. Your paintings are beautiful and I'm not surprised you received this award. Congratulations!

Crystal Jigsaw

Kris Cahill said...

John, thank you for sharing your always very entertaining thoughts. I may create a meme just for you: mon.key.me.me.

Thank you, Diane. Have a wonderful Valentine's Day too!

Crystal, Thank you, and thanks for the hello. I'll come by to visit.

genxsters said...

Congratulations on all of your awards. You definitely deserve them! Happy Valentine's Day.

John (Copyright JMM 2007-2008) said...

Grandma, what are we having for dinner? I wil be sitting in the chaste lounge.

Kris Cahill said...

We are having a memeartini followed by memeatloaf and memashed potatoes.

Joy Logan said...

I love your abstracts so much Kris. I am also a big heart fan from way back. I've done many types of heart series. Thanks for visiting my blog again!

Kris Cahill said...

Hi Joy,
Thank you so much! I'm loving the abstracts most too right now.

I have moved my blog over to Wordpress. Here's that address: http://kriscahill.wordpress.com/

Please visit me there when you can, thanks.